Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Challenge CC

Hi everybody! As this is my first blog, I apologize if it is not that great. In this post, I am going to explain some things about Classical Conversations (CC) and the Middle school/High school version of it: Challenge. If you already know what it is, then great! Skip this post! Go on to other posts (when they are created...) I am currently in the first level of Challenge. When I started it, I was a little bit confused and had a lot of trouble with my work. I was struggling to understand, and was often behind. My Lead Learner and some other moms were able to help me thankfully. I decided to create this blog in order to help other people in Challenge who need help as well.

                          What is Classical Conversations?

Classical Conversations is a christian home-schooling program with the mission "To know God and to make him known" We teach parents and students classical tools of learning to help them discover God's creation, and to enable them to do the same. For ages 4-11, there is a program called foundations, where the kids learn basic History sentences, Science facts, Skip Counting, Geography, Basic Grammar and Latin endings. The rest of their education is done at home by the parents, usually with different, more complicated things to learn chosen by the parents from any curriculum they choose. From ages 9-11, in addition to Foundations, there is a class called Essentials in which they learn grammar and writing. Finally, from ages 12-18, there is Challenge. 

                   

                                           What is Challenge?

Challenge is the aptly named Middle School/High School program for CC. There are five levels in Challenge: Challenge A, B, C for Middle School, and Challenge 1, 2, 3, and 4 for High School. 


I hope this post was helpful as an intro to CC/Challenge. In other posts, I will be explaining Challenge A work, and in later years, Challenge B-4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LTW-Outlines

Hello again peoples! This post is about how to move on from doing LTW ANI charts to creating an outline using that chart. Here is an outl...